Saturday, February 10, 2007

When I love working

Sometimes things don't turn out the way you plan, I understand. Living in this apartment is getting suckier and suckier each day. I love my entire working week, and hate only the part of getting up early in the morning and waiting for the bus in the frigid temperature. But other than that, working at Eliza's is great. Making cappuchinno and latte and trying to smile to people and wish that they would give me tips. It's warm and cozy in Eliza's and free latte, what else can you ask for?

And at the DA, I feel comfortable. My student editors are all nice. I can basically choose to write whatever I want or care. Now, 6 or 7 hours at the DA a day isn't too long. I have great respect for Christine Simmons, the editor-in-chief. She's a great student editor, who makes sure everything is as accurate as possible. She spends about 6 or 7 hours at the paper every single day. And stays up late until 4:30am every day.

I really don't need to talk to people who are not nice to me. Keep my head up and stay focused.

A cold day in Morgantown

No comments: